CTAM is renamed IGNITE
October 8, 2020
IGNITE is Cornell Research’s next generation gap funding program formerly known as the Cornell Technology Acceleration and Maturation (CTAM) Fund.
The IGNITE program builds on CTAM’s success of providing critical project funding that results in a 34x return in further grant, research, corporate or investment funding. Funded by the University, the IGNITE: Research Acceleration program provides up to $50,000 in grant funding to your research lab. Projects are funded based on their alignment with the goals of the program:
- Increase commercialization value by enabling projects with clear results that lead to and justify further engagement and development from investors, corporate research partners or, at times, grant funding agencies.
- Accelerate technology protection, licensing, venture creation/investment and/or corporate research collaboration.
- Reduce commercialization risk via validation of a prototype, beta-testing, data generation and analysis, validation demonstrations, market research and business plan refinement.
In succeeding the CTAM fund, the IGNITE program now incorporates three types of funded projects including campus research funding, startup project funding, and corporate partnership funding.
This Fall cycle is for applications from our research labs based on disclosed, active CTL inventions.
Deadline: November 9, 2020
Options for startup project funding are in preparation and will be announced shortly.
Learn more about this new program, its various funding options and the nuts and bolts of applying at one of our upcoming information Sessions:
- October 9, 2020 from 12 PM to 1 PM (register to the info Session 1 here) and on
- October 23, 2020 from 12 PM to 1 PM (Register to the info Session 2 here).
For more program information and the online application please visit the IGNITE webpage