New Website to Showcase COVID-19 Solutions and Collaborations at Cornell University
August 14, 2020
The Center for Technology Licensing (CTL) at Cornell University launched a new site to showcase COVID-19 related innovations available for commercialization and opportunities to connect and collaborate with researchers.
The site presents a portal to access available COVID-19 related technologies and provides information on how industry partners can identify researchers and collaborate with Cornell on urgently needed new solutions to the COVID-19 pandemic.
CTL’s mission is to bring the University’s scientific discoveries, technological innovations, and medical advances to the marketplace for societal benefit. CTL’s scope spans the entire Cornell research community including the Ithaca campus, the Geneva (NY) campus, Cornell Tech, and Weill Cornell Medicine.
“Walking the halls to meet research faculty during these times is no longer an option, we’re here to help our corporate colleagues connect with our research faculty and build amazing collaborations to meet new challenges created by this virus.” said Patrick Govang, Innovation Partnerships Director.
The COVID-19 Solutions website highlights the current and growing list of innovations from our faculty research. Some of those technologies are
- “5-minute Point-of-Care-Testing for COVID-19“,
- “Tunable, Anti-inflammatory Immune Responsive Biomaterials for COVID-19 Treatment” and
- “Novel Drug use to treat and prevent COVID-19.”
More technologies are on the way and will be promptly added as they become available.
There are also several programs and initiatives featured on the COVID-19 Solutions website that exist to readily facilitate all steps of a meaningful collaboration from discovery through licensing. Some of those programs include
- gap funding opportunities via the Cornell Technology & Acceleration Maturation (CTAM) program,
- simplified research engagements via the GateWay to Partnerships program, and
- licensing frameworks aimed at accelerating access and commercialization of our COVID-19 related innovations.
Please visit and explore the COVID-19 Solutions site at: