In June 2021, the IGNITE: Research Acceleration funding program has selected five projects for funding to help de-risk the technologies and accelerate their commercialization to reach the inflection point for potential industry partners or investors.
The recipients of this cycle of IGNITE:Research Acceleration funds are:
- Dr. Alireza Abbaspourrad (College of Agriculture and Life Science) for his “Acoustofluidic Platform for Oocyte Preparation for Assisted Reproductive Technology” technology.
- Professor Nicholas Abbott (College of Engineering) for his “Multistable Light Sheets” technology.
- Professor Christopher Alabi (College of Engineering) for his “Antibody-Bactericide Conjugates against Pseudomonas Bacteremia” technology.
- Professor Lynden Archer (College of Engineering) for his “Low-cost, long-life rechargeable Zn batteries” technology.
- Professor Huiju Park (College of Human Ecology) for his “Gait-Monitoring Fiber Optic Shoe Insole” technology.
IGNITE: Research Acceleration is now Ignite Innovation Acceleration.
Learn more about the program at https://ignite.ctl.cornell.edu/innovation-acceleration/