- This event has passed.
2023 Biomedical Business Plan Challenge Final Pitch Event
June 1 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Join the Weill Cornell Medicine community for a night of cocktails and networking to celebrate the successful completion of the Business Plan Challenge program by our ambitious newcos. In this highly selective program, these faculty-led newcos complete 12 weeks of seminars led by subject matter experts. The topics include market concepts, intellectual property, R&D planning, licensing/partnering, budgeting/fundraising, and others. Industry mentors are matched to the teams to support development of their business plans and finalization of their investor pitches.
We will kick-off the evening with pitches from each competing newco team, and a panel of VC judges will choose winners for the $100K prize. Following judge deliberations, an awards announcement and networking reception will commence. The event takes place on-site at Uris Auditorium and Griffis Faculty Club, both located at 1300 York Avenue (@ 69th Street), New York, NY 10065
- Welcome Remarks (Uris Auditorium) – Krystyn J. Van Vliet, Vice President for Research and Innovation, Cornell University.
- Pitches (Uris Auditorium)
- Judge Deliberations & Awards Ceremony (Griffis Faculty Club)
- Reception – Networking with cocktails and hors d’oeuvres (Griffis Faculty Club)
- Artavazd (Artie) Arumov, PhD – Vice President, Qiming Ventures (US)
- Uya Chuluunbaatar, PhD – Partner, Avoro Ventures
- Sonia Gulati, PhD – Principal, Global BioAccess Fund
- Carlo Rizzuto, PhD – Managing Director, Versant Ventures
- Misti Ushio, PhD – Managing Partner, Digitalis Ventures
- Colin (Leyi) Wang, PhD – Managing Director, 6 Dimensions Capital
- MicroRNA therapeutics to treat obesity and high cholesterol
- Cell therapy to treat insulin-dependent diabetes
- Therapeutics to treat multiple myeloma and solid tumors
- Stem cell plasticity platform for treating a variety of diseases
- Novel small molecules for the treatment of metabolic diseases and cancer
- Single-molecule nanoscopy platform for high-throughput, real-time screening and imaging of live cells to be used in drug discovery
- Proprietary therapeutic diet plans to fight against cancer and aging