The Center for Technology Licensing (CTL) is Cornell University's technology transfer office. We manage technology for Cornell's Ithaca campus, Weill Cornell Medicine, Cornell Tech, and Cornell AgriTech in Geneva.
- This event has passed.
OUP Webinar: Ask a VC webinar
November 4, 2021 — 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Have a burning question on venture capital you need answered?
Join the Center for Technology Licensing’s partner, Osage University Partners (OUP), for our second annual ‘Ask a VC’ webinar, a session where our partner TTOs can ask Managing Partners Marc Singer and Bill Harrington anything and everything as it pertains to venture capital operations, decision-making, and the current investing environment.
Since the purpose of this webinar is to answer your questions on venture capital and startups, submit your questions early. Query areas could include:
- What should startups look for in their lead investors?
- What are ‘standard’ investment terms these days for startups? Does this vary by Seed vs Series A?
- What are the common misconceptions you find that faculty members have about being a company founder?
- What does a well-known PI typically receive for founder’s equity?
- How do SPACs work and what could they mean for university startups?
- What do you find are common misconceptions TTOs have about venture capital?
- What sources of funding most commonly lead to a startup having a later successful venture capital financing round?
Marc and Bill will also take questions from the audience the day of the webinar, but sending your questions in advance will put them at the top of the queue.
This webinar is free to all of OUP’s academic institution partners (Cornell Faculty and students).
Bill Harrington, Managing Partner, Life Sciences, OUP
Marc Singer, Managing Partner, Technology, OUP
Registration Link: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Zxkj7mUdTu2izYAoPwT5qw
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.