- This event has passed.
Virtual Info Session – PHAR 9021 Fundamentals of Academic Business Development
December 6, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
The Center for Technology Licensing at Weill Cornell Medicine (CTL@WCM), part of WCM Enterprise Innovation, is offering a new experiential course for graduate students seeking to learn about innovation management and academic business development.
PHAR 9021 will be held Spring 2022 and is designed to offer hands-on experience cultivating, marketing, and commercializing life science innovations. Participants will learn transferable skills for careers in academia, technology transfer, venture capital, consulting, and beyond. The course will be divided into three modules, each covering a specific aspect of the commercialization process: (I) Intellectual Property Protection, (II) Technology Evaluation, and (III) Partnering Academic Technologies. Each module, students will complete assignments that will directly support CTL@WCM and its mission to translate groundbreaking technologies into commercial products.
- Enrolled in a Weill Cornell Medicine Graduate School PhD Program
- Completion of the Admission to Doctoral Candidacy Examination (ACE)
- Written approval of the applicant’s primary research advisor
- PHAR 5009 01 Accelerating BioVenture Innovation (ABI)*
- One Credit Course
- Instructors will include CTL staff and external guest speakers
- Initially offered in Spring 2022, from January 5th – April 27th
- Lectures to be held every other Wednesday, 10am – 11:30am ET
- Students will be evaluated on a Pass/Fail basis
* Students who haven’t completed PHAR 5009 but have completed equivalent coursework or have practical experience in academic innovation and entrepreneurship will be considered on a case-by-base basis
Contact: Jamie Brisbois (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional information