Eligible startup companies make requests to CTL regarding their need for intern positions*
- One position per company
- No more than two awards in the previous cycle.
- Ten positions available each year
- Company should provide a reasonable job description for interns to develop technology or business when making the requests
- Eligible companies with the appropriate level of jobs for students will be informed to proceed with recruiting Cornell students.
Cornell Startup companies advertise for internship positions and recruit on campus. Cornell channels include but are not limited to the following. CTL website will help promote such postings as well. Each Startup company will conduct interviews among the candidate Cornell students and select the intern based on their needs.
Ignite Interns are paid $22.70/hour.
This full-time internship is up to 11 weeks long.
The selected candidate will be awarded the Ignite Intern for Startup fellowship, managed by CTL and the HR group under OVPRI.
After the internship is completed, the companies should conduct an evaluation, and the student should submit a short report about their experience and accomplishments from the internship.
Cornell University embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty, and staff of all identities and backgrounds.
We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply to the open Ignite internship positions offered by the startups, which will be posted on the CTL website.
* The Ignite team will follow up with the Startups’ application within one or two weeks of submission.