The Mark Foundation for Cancer Research ASPIRE Awards
- Funding: ASPIRE I Awards ($250K), ASPIRE II Awards ($750K)
- Target audience: Principal Investigators with innovative ideas that have the potential to solve high-impact problems in cancer research,
- Applications deadline: Ongoing
Partnerships for Innovation (PFI) – National Science Foundation
- PFI Technology Translation with $550,000 for up to two years. Target audience: PI with one basic research project into early technology/product development
- PFI-Research Partnership with $1,000,000 for three years
- Annual submission deadlines for the PFI program are:
- Tuesday, May 2, 2023
- Tuesday, September 5, 2023
- Tuesday, January 2, 2024
- Applications deadline: November 17, 2023
- Target audience: Academic appointment (tenured/tenure track/research) or a post-doc or graduate student position at an academic research institution as well as having a pending or issued patent or copyright.
Fuzehub Commercialization Competition 2023
- Applications Open: July 10 through August 9, 2023
- Finalists Pitch Live: October 16 – 17, 2023
- Awards up to $50,000 each; one company has the chance to win an additional $100,000 for a grand award of $150,000
- Eligibility: Companies are required to have an existing tangible prototype
- Description: Several Cornell entities have funding opportunities for which individuals at Cornell can apply. The list provides summaries of many of these opportunities. Details may be found by following the links and the program contacts can provide more information.
Materialize New York
- deep tech accelerator that aims to advance technologies from the academic lab towards startup formation with a seed investment from MI.
(1) Must have Intellectual Property from the respective university.
(2) A team ready to spin out at the end of the program and led by entrepreneurially minded graduate students, postdocs, or undergraduate students with permission from the PI.
(3) A proposed startup aligned with at least one of Material Impact’s areas of interest below: Biomanufacturing and Sustainable Products
- Phase 1 – Application Review (Oct – Dec 2023)
- Phase 2 – Education & Mentorship (Jan – May 2024)
- Phase 3 – Startup Formation (May/June 2024)